Listen to My Thoughts To Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Count Your Blessings-Name Them One By One

I'm not a huge fan of taking one day and making it above all other days of the year to be thankful. Every morning I wake up and count my blessings and it brings peacefulness and a sound mind into the start of my day. Try it...it has glorious affects on one's being. With that said-I would like to share what I am thankful for today, and I wish everyone a blessed Thanksgiving...wherever you are...whomever you are with....with whatever you are doing....and whatever you are eating :)

I am thankful for........

My loving, heavenly father. I am thankful for God's grace, mercy, and ever abounding love.  His hedge of protection around his children. His willingness to give up his own son so that we can be made perfect. (What a kick ass dude...right!?!) That I have grown up in God's word, that his truth is written and set before us and we can live a more abundant life....that I can stand boldly on His word and He will always back me up. I am thankful that I am a born again believer. Romans 10:9-10

My family. Starr-for being so passionate and motivated as a nurse. Your incredible mothering skills, for watching my lil apartment while I'm gone. Adam- for your intellect and humor. Your ability to take such wonderful care of my sister and nephew.Leyton...my lil monkey...how i love you and your curiosity, your babble, your smile when I walk in the door, your pitter patter on the floor as you crawl.  Savannah-for being an inspiration to me in all things-you are a true light in this world and I can't wait to see what kind of change you continue to make in the lives of those around you. Mom-for providing me with endless laughs, coffee hours, and wine nights. For doing everything and anything to see my stubborn ass smile. Dad for raising us girls in the Word and for being such a loving, understanding dad through all of my rebel days.

My friends. Ruzie-for being my longest bestie in the history of friendships. Herre-for being there for me through the deepest of deep, for always making me bust a move in the car. Mindy-for being so honest and sincere. I look up to you as a friend and as a nurse. Bonfe-for your cooking skills and baller status ways. (good luck today microwaving dinner) Mona-you are my adopted sister, thanks for always bouncing ideas around with me and for your relationship advice. Kristi-for the incredible memories from high school/college swimming days...and the never ending blond moments. Your kindness is never overlooked. Angie-for being so loving, kind, and thoughtful, your wisdom is much appreciated. Doug-for being so stable in my life, for allowing me to be me, for being patient, for building me up spiritually, for being my partner in crime the past 2 1/2 years.

The opportunity to go to PA Biblical Research Camp. An unexpected life changing event. To each brother and sister in Christ I met this summer-I think of you and pray for you always. I hope to visit you soon up there on the East coast.

The opportunity to work at Mayo Clinic. The knowledge, the evidence based practice, the efficiency, the people I worked with, the patients I took care of, the endless children that touched my heart, the learning experiences. Who knows...some day I might come back.

My Health, The ability to run 8 miles at once. 24 Hour fitness around the corner...my cheap membership! The hours I don't have to spend training in a pool any longer... (yah..four years out and I'm still thankful for that one).

My car...even if I had to dish half my life's savings over yesterday for break repair.

My time here in KC this winter. I may hate my job, I may be totally bored and unmotivated to go...but I am thankful for the quiet nights to continue my nursing education, read a good book, a verse here and there, and blog....and most importantly-to be with family over the Holiday Season.

I always love to hear when others have been blessed, when a prayer has been answered, or when there is something in particular that brings thankfulness. Please share!

Take Care and God Bless
SBS

Verse of the Blog: Ephesians 5:19-20
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Song of the Blog:
Undeniable-Matt Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment