Listen to My Thoughts To Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Travel Nursing By Numbers

Day ONE: Organize all household items into FOUR piles "traveling" "staying" "donating" "throwing".  Maybe I should throw that tube of antibiotic ointment since the expiration date was 8/2004....or how about that bottle of icy hot that was supposedly not affective since 12/2000.  Here Good Will-take EIGHT bags of designer clothing. For any girl who has never done this...don't do it..I cried a tear or TWO as I watched them take the bags out of my trunk.  Does anyone find it strange that Best Buy charged me TEN dollars to give them my TV??! If anyone understands this-please enlighten me.

Day TWO: Lets spend FOUR hours making phone calls, e mailing, making online updates, for my address change...do I seriously have to do this every THREE months?!?! Gross. Hopefully this get's easier with practice?!?!

Day THREE: It was imperative that I spend TWO and a HALF hours at the gym today to de-stress. No judging allowed, but my work badge and DAHLC parking tag were "accidentally" turned in SIX days late so that I could attend TWO last spinning classes, TWO last hip hop experiences, and  ONE last treadmill run. Sorry Mother Mayo :/    .....and no..no I did not drink ONE whole entire bottle of "Middle Sister" wine by myself as I  packed, cried,  cleaned, cried, then proceeded to use my broom as a microphone and my kitchen as a dance floor towards the last of the bottle.

Day FOUR: I didn't want to do anything. ZIP ZERO ZILCH. So I didn't....accept for run TEN MILLION ERRANDS for SIX hours straight.

DAY FIVE: to buy..or not to buy a pair of scrubs at the ONE and only scrub store in Rochester where they do not offer discounts to nurses (which is strange if you are familiar with any other city besides Rochester) and where my gift card had a balance of ZERO. I went with buy a pair..or TWO..or THREE.   What? Don't give me that look, it's the first time I don't have to wear "Royal Blue" pants and I couldn't help but have a surge of excitement regarding this. Babysat my nephew Leyton TWICE that day and probably smothered him with over  a THOUSAND kisses. Spent my last night in Rochester with FIVE very important people in my life...which I would like to thank for taking such good care of me and being so supportive.

DAY SIX: I don't care if the box says i can only fit TWENTY FOUR items of clothing in the space saver bag...i will be fitting FOURTY EIGHT items of clothing. THREE times I attempted to smuggle my nephew into my backseat. THREE times I was unsuccessful.  I wanted to leave by TEN am....THREE hours later...I was on the road. I should have known better, since I had to say goodbye to my family that morning.  I am fairly certain that I should have been pulled over at least FIVE times as I passed this many cops while speeding at an average of NINE to ELEVEN over the limit. OOOOOPS! EIGHT times I looked at a photo of my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew...and had to fight back tears. A MILLION time's the question "what the hell are you doing?!?!" came into my head.

DAY SEVEN: ONE day before I start my first travel nursing assignment. I can already feel the "black and white" have faded...and I have that unsettled feeling of being in the "gray".  Keep me in your prayers!


Verse of the Blog Post: 
Phil 4:13

Song of the Blog Post
Mamma, I'm Alright by Miranda Lambert


Remember you are nothing less than a work of art.
God Bless
Sierra B Slavin

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm so excited that you are doing this :) Miss you tons...P.S I'm soooooooo proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the laughs :)! You're so amazing and I'm going to miss you soooo much. Have a great first day at work. K thanks!! I'm proud of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about all your amazing adventures. You know that this blog allows me to live vicariously through you right? :) Take advantage Sierra of this wonderful opportunity. You only live once and live it to the fullest. You will never regret it! Keep the adventures coming. XXXX ~C

    ReplyDelete